Hi! I am Arek Skuza.
As of today, serving as business and product development manager and consultant, I help companies increase revenue, and redesign margin by creating and launching customer-centric, Artificial Intelligence-powered products.
1. It all started 17 years ago
I am a product development strategy and an artificial intelligence business leader and management consultant. My history and passion for driving effective go-to-market strategy for new and redesigned products have begun with running my startups.
Raising money from venture capitals, leading end to end business model implementation processes, delivering superior business results, but also failing some of my businesses, helped me to understand the essence of extraordinary startups.
My 17 years journey in the product launch and product development process honed my approach to business. I believe that successful products belong to customers more than product managers.
2. I work on the global arena, and I am a metrics-driven leader
My primary focus is always on business and product development which helps companies improve traction and margins. I am a big fan of numbers, and I can't imagine innovation without a data-driven approach.
Working with managers, and business development executives on different continents helped me to immerse myself in the global enterprise world, to understand internal dependencies and challenges of big and medium-size companies, their legal frameworks, brand risks, the return of investment expectations and internal and external collaboration challenges.
3. "Calculable impact and precise deliverables are a business consultant MUSTs" - Arek Skuza
I've been trusted by the following firms:
- IKEA (retail, global corporation),
- Shell (oil&energy, global corporation),
- Bayer (pharmaceuticals, global corporation),
- Roche (pharmaceuticals, global corporation),
- K2 (mid-size, digital agency),
- PKO BP (the biggest bank in Central Eastern Europe),
- Profsa (startup),
- Zenka (startup),
- Modoma (mid-size company),
- Discovery Networks (entertainment, global corporation),
- Allegro (top ten eCommerce platform),
- BuyBox (startup),
- Legimi (startup),
- Infopulse Ukraine (large size, business services and IT, global corporation),
- Nova Tracking (startup),
- Benefit Systems (mid-size, wellness and fitness company)
Throughout the years, as a business development manager and consultant, I helped many of those companies to:
- redesign their business models, and implement the changes
- redefine product definitions, and bring growth (acquisition, retention, referrals, and revenue)
- come up with new products, services, and microservices,
- decide about their investment in machine learning and artificial intelligence,
- build and run AI teams, and teach them to monetize ML and AI quickly,
- execute product roadmaps and business plans.
I always bring calculable impact, and here you can find a few examples of the outcome which my projects delivered:
- Built and Intelligent Digital Assets Recognition and Standardization Program for a global CPG company via machine learning, image recognition, and OCR technologies. The project reduced costs by $120,000 in one product category, yearly, per country, and $1,400,000 across 12 categories per market on average. Cost savings from 12 markets are $11,500,000 per year. The method delivers 8-12x speed in innovation performance.
- For a leading American TV and Entertainment company, cut 18 months from product development time, delivering 7X ROI improvement over previous internal innovation effort. Arek had fewer internal resources involved: 4 senior managers/directors 1 day a week for 100 days. Arek delivered £365,000 in savings to R&D budget vs. previous efforts, allowing the global company to do more for less per £ of R&D.
- For the 8th biggest European eCommerce company, Arek worked collaboratively with CTO, CMO, to launch visual search service within the B2C mobile app with 70 mln monthly active users. Designed and executed on six months roadmap for discovering customers' pains and gains, before launching the visual search features to client's customers. Brought ~30% time savings in the process of launching micro-service, designed agile, cross-functional team and improve the velocity of PLC cycle by ~12%
- For a global company, Arek Skuza designed content strategy and launched an independent lead generation environment which increased acquisition, retention, and referrals level by +500%, built and led an agile team of hand-picked content specialists which cut the time-to-market time by ~35%
3. I teach and coach executives and product teams
I have already delivered more than 60 lectures and workshops in Europe and the USA.
I love to share my experience, as I believe it can help business owners, executives and managers to make better product decisions. Check out the resources which I keep developing every day:
Arek Skuza social media channels:
eBook, journals, and podcasts:
My posts have high visibility (10000 +) and are very engaging since I usually share a lot of data, case studies, and business cases.
4. After business hours
My passion led me to work with global teams located in UK, USA, CEE, and CEEME&A, and to live in four culturally diverse cities - London, Warsaw, Edmonton, and Dallas – which influenced my sensitivity, my capacity to form networks, and my ability to recognize and respond quickly to emerging global opportunities.
In my personal life, I am a husband and father of Kuba and Alex. I am a dedicated angler, basketball player, and traveler.
I have lived and worked as a management consultant and project leader, in
- the United Kingdom,
- and presently call Dallas, Texas, home.